Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rap doesn´t broadcast Wlans

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Rap doesn´t broadcast Wlans

Posted Oct 17, 2019 08:06 AM

We have a MM (version 8.5.0.3) that our 7005 controller (Rap-controller) is connected to and the Raps connect to it.
    All traffic is tunneled to the corp network.
    I have connected a Aruba 2530-8 switch on eth1 on the rap and use it as a tunnel for the corp network
    All the vlans are presented to the controller.

We also got a cluster of 3 7220 with about 870 ap´s that works great.
    Our 7005 controller shows the same Wlans as the cluster have but when i add the wlan to a ap-group with the rap it doesn´t broadcast it.
    The RAP´s leds for 2,4 and 5 GHz is amber.
    I have also tied to create a wlan just on the controller but even that will not be braodcasted.
    What have i missed??

• 2.  RE: Rap doesn´t broadcast Wlans

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 08:43 AM

Are these RAPs sitting accross a NAT boundary? Do you see any entries in the logs? Do you have any errors in your configuration (#show profile-errors)?

• 3.  RE: Rap doesn´t broadcast Wlans

Posted Oct 18, 2019 06:19 AM

The Rap is in a "homenetwork" och we have a static NAT to the controller. The communication to the RAP works. We can connect to the switch behind the RAP and the client gets adress in corp network.

Yes i have an error, but that wlan has been deleted

(ESK-RAP-CTRL-01) #show profile-errors

Invalid Profiles
    ----------------
    Profile                      Error
    -------                      -----
    wlan virtual-ap "Guest-RAP"  VLAN 999 does not exist
    (ESK-RAP-CTRL-01) #

I have attached how our "tree" looks like.
    Just so i understand it correct. The Wlans that our Cluster got (created at Eslov-Controllers) they "fall down" in the tree, right?

I might have found the problem In the Group "Rap-Controller) ->Wlans _> General->"The Wlan", it was set to forwarding mode "Bridge".
    I changed it to Tunnel and then i can see "somthing" is transmitting.
    In the Overview the wlan is "aruba-ap", thats not right? Where did that come from? It shold say Guest in my case.
    By the way it´s a RAP-109 im doing this on. Have a 303H that i´m going to setup later.

Thanks for the help.