Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

Posted Oct 22, 2020 12:43 PM

I don't want to wrap the command.I want to create a .csv file which includes mac adresses to import them to controller using import button.  There are about 500 entries.I can't struggle with it.There should be a more logical way. Btw the version is 8.6.0.5.

• 2.  RE: Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

Posted Oct 22, 2020 08:35 AM

Hi everyone,

Excuse me in advance this topic might have once been covered.I have a 7030 controllers work with VRRP. Here we are using WPA2 with a shared key and MAC address filtering. Normally when I need to add a single client, I go to the internalDB and add a user with the MAC address as the username and password. I need to add about 500 new entries so i thought that there should be a method to add users for Mac authentication into contollers' database.As far as i saw that i first should create a CSV File then upload it into controller.But i've no idea how to create a correct template. Can someone please help me about the whole process.

Thanks in advance.

• 3.  RE: Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 09:07 AM

You should script it with the local-userdb-add command using excel

• 4.  RE: Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

Posted Oct 22, 2020 09:09 AM

Can you please share me an instance included only one entry ? and then how will i import the CSV file into the controller ? (via tftp or etc.)

• 5.  RE: Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 10:35 AM

If you SSH into the controller you can add a user like this:

local-userdb add username de:ad:be:ef:ca:fe password de:ad:be:ef:ca:fe

You can use excel to wrap the command "local-userdb add username" around the mac addresses and then paste it into the commandline.

• 6.  RE: Re: Importing MAC Adresses to 7030 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 01:14 PM

AFAIK, you can only import a file that has been exported from a controller, otherwise you need to use the excel method that I mentioned.

I hope you don't have any Apple devices in your network, because pretty soon mac authentication will be useless:  https://hsc.com/Blog/Effect-of-Apples-MAC-Randomization-Feature-on-Enterprises