Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

Posted Sep 24, 2013 01:54 PM

I was curious if there is a way to reload a controller not responding to web/ http/ console when in a 6000 chassis without me physically going there and pulling the card out and back in?

Ideally it would be from another working controller in the chassis.

I saw a command similar once "reboot peer-supervisor" or something similar but saw that was depreciated a while back. 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2013 03:23 PM

No...you need to either cut power or physically remove or via local console.  The 6000 chassis is power delivery only.

• 3.  RE: Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:36 AM

You can maybe do this for the future. We setup a small PC with a console cable to the controller or if no controller then the main switch in the closet. So you RDP to the PC and use HyperTerminal or whatever terminal program then console in.

• 4.  RE: Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:38 AM

Raspberry Pi's are great for this. We have some set up around campus.

• 5.  RE: Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:16 PM

We used some Wyse thin clients.

• 6.  RE: Reloading a hung m3 controller in a 6000 chassis

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:19 PM

Thanks for the responses guys,

I have console access to all controllers using OpenGear's IMX4216 for console access.

Issue was, for the past couple weeks we've been dealing with the bug just fixed in yesterdays 6.3.0.2 release... we were rebooting a production m3 controller almost once a day.  But when they locked up - they were inaccessible via ssh/ http/ or console.  So none of that would have helped.  Couldn't kill power to chassis because the other controller was handling the failed over AP's.  Soooo SOL until I show up and pulled the card out.

Thanks again though, especially clever use of the raspberry pi!