Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote AP with "always" SSID question.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Remote AP with "always" SSID question.

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 31, 2012 02:54 AM

I'm trying to set up a RAP2 with an "always" SSID that will broadcast when the RAP loses connection to the controller. The VAP needs to be in bridge mode so that the client is dropped in the local LAN on where ever the RAP sits. I've currently got this working with a AP125 provisioned as a RAP but not the RAP2.

I believe the issue is with the VLAN. My question is which VLAN would I assign the RAP and would the VLAN need to have an IP address? The SSID is using WPA2/PSK which I know is correct.

• 2.  RE: Remote AP with "always" SSID question.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2012 04:02 AM

@Craig Syme wrote:

I'm trying to set up a RAP2 with an "always" SSID that will broadcast when the RAP loses connection to the controller. The VAP needs to be in bridge mode so that the client is dropped in the local LAN on where ever the RAP sits. I've currently got this working with a AP125 provisioned as a RAP but not the RAP2.

I believe the issue is with the VLAN. My question is which VLAN would I assign the RAP and would the VLAN need to have an IP address? The SSID is using WPA2/PSK which I know is correct.

The VLAN would have to be the same VLAN as the AP System Profile's default VLAN (which by default is 1).  It would not need an ip address on the controller, NO.  If it is anything besides the AP System Profile's default VLAN, it will tag the traffic, because it would expect that access point to be on a trunk.

• 3.  RE: Remote AP with "always" SSID question.

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM

Thanks! This solved the issue!