Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote Site Advice

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Remote Site Advice

Posted Jan 25, 2013 09:17 AM

I have a remote site that has 3-5 "regular" users and up to 10 total. Currently this remote site connects here over Cisco site-to-site VPN and I have an access point (non-Aruba and non-authenticated access) just to provide some wireless access.

I would like to replace this solution with some form of Aruba remote access, so that the wireless is authenticated.

I have the following things at that site that need to talk back to the main campus:

3 PCs

1 time clock

1 alarm system

I currently tunnel all traffic and plan to do so in the future. I also would like to have the possibility of adding a second AP to the site, as there is a "performance" area there that I may want to add wireless access to.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Remote Site Advice

Posted Jan 31, 2013 09:45 PM

A RAP-5wn could be perfect for this installation and you could add the second AP as a configured port on the RAP unit to be in your AP vlan.  Plus you could invest in getting a USB Modem, connecting it to the RAP unit and using it as a failover incase your internet connection goes down.

Good Luck to you!