Wireless Access

Contributor II

Rogue Detection on Aruba Controller

Is there anything other involved other than just enabling it under IDS/IPS on the Aruba controller?  If just want the alerts don't want to contain so if I uncheck the contain and contain suspected I should get the alerts correct?

Currently I'm trunking all the VLAN's between the WLC and Switch.  But I guess I will be setting up some as trusted and some as untrusted later on.

Guru Elite

Re: Rogue Detection on Aruba Controller

By default, detection is on.  Containment is NOT on by default. 

Please see the chapter here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/Rogue_AP_Detection.htm?Highlight=rogue

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Cool thank you.  Good info, looks like advanced features require RFProtect license. 

1- If I have two masters active/standby I'm assuming I'll just need the license on one?

2- Can rogue alerts be configured to sent via email ?  Will HP IMC work?

Guru Elite

1.  You can use centralized licensing for master/backup master topology.

2.  The controller cannot send emails for alerts.  I am not sure if IMC would be able to send emails in that context, but Airwave can send emails.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: