Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SFP Ports Information

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SFP Ports Information

Posted Jan 09, 2012 02:13 PM

Hello,

I want to purchase the Mobiility controller 3600, i have some confusion.

1. How many 10/100/1000 BaseT Port built-in, as pe specification sheet it is 4 (True/False)
    2. Total SFP Port supported and How many built-in Gigabit Ethernet SFP Built-in Ports in 3600 Controller. (if SFP not built-in and purchase/order separetely then Please share it can support multi or single Mode.
    3. Please specify  which adaptor/Module/connector used for Single Mode and which Module is used Multi Mode. that' mean 1 complete setup for single mode or multi mode. Thanks

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SFP Ports Information
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2012 02:17 PM

@Ishtiaq Haider wrote:

Hello,

I want to purchase the Mobiility controller 3600, i have some confusion.

1. How many 10/100/1000 BaseT Port built-in, as pe specification sheet it is 4 (True/False)
    2. Total SFP Port supported and How many built-in Gigabit Ethernet SFP Built-in Ports in 3600 Controller. (if SFP not built-in and purchase/order separetely then Please share it can support multi or single Mode.
    3. Please specify  which adaptor/Module/connector used for Single Mode and which Module is used Multi Mode. that' mean 1 complete setup for single mode or multi mode. Thanks

Thanks

The 3200/3400/3600 have 4 dual personality ports. This means that they can be either copper 10/100/1000 or SFP. The SFP are not included.

Single Mode SFP are usually designated LX. Multimode SFP are usually designated SX.

• 3.  RE: SFP Ports Information

Posted Jan 09, 2012 02:44 PM

Thanks zjennings for your sharp response,

As per you, SFP not built-in, if i go with multimode 4 port SFP and 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet, can you help me to find the exact quantity of necessary item.

• 4.  RE: SFP Ports Information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2012 10:15 AM

Yes, but you wont be able to use both the copper and SFP port at the same time. Like I said, it is either or.

So your configuration could be any one of the following:

4 SFP, no copper

3 SFP, 1 copper

2 SFP, 2 copper

1 SFP, 3 copper

no SFP, 4 copper

The part number for a Multi Mode Aruba SFP is SFP-SX.