Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

SNMP Trap Explaination

Hi, I have a number of trap type that I would like to disable on my controllers. But I need to know what they do.

And how it would impact Airwave not to get those traps.

So where could I have a list of definitions?

Some of those traps are

wlsxUserEntryAttributesChanged
wlsxAPImpersonation
wlsxAPRadioEntryChanged
wlsxNRadioAttributesChanged
wlsxNUserEntryDeleted

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SNMP Trap Explaination

Disabling a trap on the controller wouldnt effect any functionality on Airwave unless we have any trigger condition created using those trap values.

Below are the OID info

wlsxUserEntryAttributesChanged : This trap indicates that the user entry attributes have changed.

wlsxAPImpersonation : This trap indicates that an AP detected AP Impersonation because the number of beacons seen has exceeded the expected number by the configured percentage threshold.

wlsxAPRadioEntryChanged : This trap indicates that the Radio configuration has changed.

wlsxNRadioAttributesChanged : A Trap which indicates changes in the Radio attributes of an access point.

wlsxNUserEntryDeleted : This trap indicates that a user was deleted

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Disabling a trap on the controller wouldnt effect any functionality on Airwave unless we have any trigger condition created using those trap values.

Below are the OID info

wlsxUserEntryAttributesChanged : This trap indicates that the user entry attributes have changed.

wlsxAPImpersonation : This trap indicates that an AP detected AP Impersonation because the number of beacons seen has exceeded the expected number by the configured percentage threshold.

wlsxAPRadioEntryChanged : This trap indicates that the Radio configuration has changed.

wlsxNRadioAttributesChanged : A Trap which indicates changes in the Radio attributes of an access point.

wlsxNUserEntryDeleted : This trap indicates that a user was deleted

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Great info, thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: