Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SNmp v3 configuracion on controlller

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  SNmp v3 configuracion on controlller

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:19 PM

Hello

I was reading about the configuration about this here

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-and-verify-SNMPv3-with-an-ArubaOS-controller/ta-p/181314

And i saw this part

2) Using net-snmp, query using SNMP as follows:
    snmpwalk -Ov -v 3 -u netadmin_ro -a SHA -x AES -A netadmin_pass3 -X netadmin_pass3 -l authPriv <controller IP>

What is this for??? i dont remenber configuring this on GUI and it seems the snmpv3 i configured worked fine, so i was just wondering...

i even check on the cli of one of the controller that i got the snmp v3 and i just got step 1 and step 3 configured.

Can anyone enlight me please? i would like to know :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: SNmp v3 configuracion on controlller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:40 PM

@cdelarosa wrote:

Hello

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-and-verify-SNMPv3-with-an-ArubaOS-controller/ta-p/181314

And i saw this part

snmpwalk -Ov -v 3 -u netadmin_ro -a SHA -x AES -A netadmin_pass3 -X netadmin_pass3 -l authPriv <controller IP>

What is this for??? i dont remenber configuring this on GUI and it seems the snmpv3 i configured worked fine, so i was just wondering...

i even check on the cli of one of the controller that i got the snmp v3 and i just got step 1 and step 3 configured.

The snmpwalk step is used to validate that SNMP has been configured on the controller from an external host (with net-snmp installed). If you've already verified SNMP through other methods, you can ignore this step.

• 3.  RE: SNmp v3 configuracion on controlller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:57 PM

Snmpwalk could help you for troubleshooting. The next lines could help

@cdelarosa wrote:

Hello

And i saw this part

Cheers

Carlos

Sometimes it's hard to determine if SNMP is working between AirWave and the controller, usually due to ACLs or Firewalls between the server and controller. Other times network connectivity may be fine but credentials may not match. There are two easy ways to run an SNMPv3 Walk against a controller from AirWave CLI.

If you don't have initial connectivity between AirWave and the controller, you can run the following that makes AirWave query the controller for the ControllerName (sysName):

[root@amp airwaveadmin]# snmpwalk -v3 -a SHA -l AuthPriv -u airwave123 -A airwave123 -x aes -X airwave123 192.168.100.11 sysName 
    RFC1213-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: "Aruba3200"

If the device has already been connected to AirWave and has an AirWave DeviceID, you can run the following from the AirWave CLI where the Device ID number is references in the command after 's3w':

[root@amp airwaveadmin]# s3w 5
    Walking Aruba3200 with this command:
    /opt/airwave/bin/snmpwalk -v3 -u 'airwave123' -a 'sha' -A 'airwave123' -x 'aes' -X 'airwave123' -l 'AuthPriv' 192.168.100.11:161 sysName