Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

Posted Oct 15, 2018 07:47 AM

Hello guys,

I maybe need to get a existing database into our Mobility Master for user-authentication. I know I can do a guestprovisioning with the Mobility Master and import CSV files into the internal DB and send emails whatsoever. 

But, can I authenticate users (guests and employees) with a existing SQL database, without big efford? Do I need Clearpass? Because I see, I can add external databases and everything. And can I easily link it to the landing page for guests? Internal I do not speficily need the landing page.

Hope you can follow,

Thanks,

Raffa

• 2.  RE: SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 07:11 AM

I think that will only work if you can expose the SQL database as a backend via RADIUS or LDAP.

Another option might be using the XML API to manipulate the local user database; so you can sync your database to the MM.

• 3.  RE: SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

Posted Oct 16, 2018 11:58 AM

but still - can I manage that without  clearpass or do I need it to handle my user and guest login?

Thanks,

Raffa

• 4.  RE: SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 12:45 PM

If you provide access (have the controller authenticate users) via RADIUS or LDAP to your database; you don't need ClearPass. 

Same, when using the XML-API, it enters account direct in the controller local database, so no need for ClearPass.