Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 02:55 PM

We have a fairly simple wireless network using a 650 and 12 AP-124's running three SSID's (Guest, Private and Specific...not really the names). My problem is that 3 of my AP's will not let me log into the 'Specific' SSID indicating 'wrong passphrase', however I am able to access the network through these AP's with the other 2 SSID's. I've done a purge/reset on the offending AP's but that doesn't change the behavior.

Any thoughts or ideas?

TIA

• 2.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:22 PM

Just as a test I reconfigured a spare 105 I had sitting around (factory reset) gave it the same parameters as the 124 and that works perfectly so for now I replaced one of the 124's but still have an issue with the others.

• 3.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:34 PM

Have you provisioned the external antennas on those AP-124s?

• 4.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:37 PM

Thanks for the reply CJoseph

No I'm sure I have not as I'm not sure how that's done. I've added the gain parameters in provisioning process. What else would I need to do?

• 5.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:58 PM

You should see if under Configuration there are any ap-specific settings.

• 6.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 04:39 PM

There aren't any ap-specific settings, just ap-group.

• 7.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 05:07 PM
    You can try moving them out, and then back into the ap-group, bit I suspect it is something different.

• 8.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 06:08 PM

What is the correct way to bring the 124 to factory settings...apparently a purdeenv/save/reset isn't doing that because the unit is keeping the provisioned IP address

• 9.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 06:25 PM

There must be something I need to do on the controller as it appears the AP is picking up it's old configuration based on the MAC address. I'm not exactly sure how to remove the unit from the controller.

• 10.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 06:49 PM

I've done the show ap database long command and the mac address does not appear in the list but the ap is doing this:

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
    Starting watchdog process...
    Got all network params from APboot env. Skipping DHCP
    192.168.168.55 255.255.255.0 192.168.168.2
    Running ADP...

• 11.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 07:08 PM

Is the access point even active on that controller?  Is there another controller in the network?

• 12.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 07:18 PM

I only have one controller and the AP isn't showing as active on the controller. The AP gets to Running ADP and then sits there...I restart it and it gets to the Welcome to the Access Point message but never shows on the controller.

• 13.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 07:28 PM

Does the AP ever have the 802.11a or g light on?  If not, then it has not received instructions and it is not accepting clients.  You have a bigger problem.

• 14.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 07:31 PM

A purge and save and boot should remove the environment variables and the static ip address.

• 15.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 08:33 PM

I'm going to assume there is something going wrong with the other two AP's...Is it possbile that an AP would just retain an old configuration while still connecting to the controller. If so, this may be the issue. The password for the SSID in question changed a few months ago but I just discovered the access issue recently. I'll look to replace the AP's.

Thanks for your help

• 16.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 08:58 PM

The access point should be interrupted at the apboot> prompt when it says "press enter" right when it starts booting up.  That is when you can enter purge, then save, then boot.  The log that you were printing is much further along than that.

• 17.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 09:02 PM

I understand I just wanted to show the static IP kept coming up even after a Purge/Save/Reset. I did the purge several times today hoping for a different outcome...isn't that the definition of insanity or something like that lol.

• 18.  RE: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Posted Aug 23, 2018 08:28 PM

The AP never makes it to there. Sure looks like an issue with the AP.