Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: SSID Passphrase Incorrect on AP

Is the access point even active on that controller?  Is there another controller in the network?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor I

I only have one controller and the AP isn't showing as active on the controller. The AP gets to Running ADP and then sits there...I restart it and it gets to the Welcome to the Access Point message but never shows on the controller.

Guru Elite

Does the AP ever have the 802.11a or g light on?  If not, then it has not received instructions and it is not accepting clients.  You have a bigger problem.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

A purge and save and boot should remove the environment variables and the static ip address.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor I

The AP never makes it to there. Sure looks like an issue with the AP.

Frequent Contributor I

I'm going to assume there is something going wrong with the other two AP's...Is it possbile that an AP would just retain an old configuration while still connecting to the controller. If so, this may be the issue. The password for the SSID in question changed a few months ago but I just discovered the access issue recently. I'll look to replace the AP's.

Thanks for your help

Guru Elite

The access point should be interrupted at the apboot> prompt when it says "press enter" right when it starts booting up.  That is when you can enter purge, then save, then boot.  The log that you were printing is much further along than that.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I understand I just wanted to show the static IP kept coming up even after a Purge/Save/Reset. I did the purge several times today hoping for a different outcome...isn't that the definition of insanity or something like that lol.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: