Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID disappears from users with Atheros adapters

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  SSID disappears from users with Atheros adapters

Posted Jan 23, 2017 12:26 PM

Since upgrading 7220's to 6.5.0.3, Users with Atheros adapters are having problems where the SSID will disappear and come back and then go away again.  The common denominator is Atheros.

I have updated the driver, turned off and back on the adapter and it still will not list the SSID.  I can go to the location with my device and connect everytime.

• 2.  RE: SSID disappears from users with Atheros adapters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 12:29 PM

Any more details on the configuration of that SSID?  Encryption?

Any more details on the specific client with the Atheros Adapter?

Does this happen on a single band or dual bands?

Do you have a screenshot of the Channel Utilization on the Dashboard?

• 3.  RE: SSID disappears from users with Atheros adapters

Posted Jan 23, 2017 12:37 PM

The SSID is open. The user and/or users are windows 7 or above.  It seems to be happening on 2.4ghz. The channel utilization shows to be good for the areas where the users are.  I have a TAC case open but wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem.  

• 4.  RE: SSID disappears from users with Atheros adapters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 02:07 PM

TAC is the best way to go.  There are simply too many things to check.

I would make sure that you are configured as close to defaults as possible which means:

- disable 802.11r

- disable 802.11k

- disable 802.11v

- do not use local probe request threshold

- use the default rates

UPDATE 6/2018 -  The updated RF and Roaming Optimization Validated Reference Design Guide (VRD) has been published and has updated recommendations about enabling 802.11v, k and r in user networks.  The VRD can be found here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/RF-and-Roaming-Optimization-for-Aruba-802-11ac-Networks/ta-p/432994