Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID with restricted access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SSID with restricted access

MVP
    Posted Jul 16, 2020 10:09 AM

Hi,

I have 7205 controller running OS 8.6.4.0. I want to create an SSID with WPA key that'll allow the users to access internet and block access to internal network. I want the user to get IP from the internal dhcp server. Please help me in achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: SSID with restricted access

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 16, 2020 10:46 AM

Please see the below. It is recommended to use an external DHCP server (i.e not the controller). You will also need to ensure that the controller has an L3 interface in within the DHCP Scope.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/gsg/enb-dhcp-srv-cap.htm?Highlight=dhcp%20server

• 3.  RE: SSID with restricted access

MVP
    Posted Jul 16, 2020 11:15 AM

What I meant is I want the users in this SSID to use a DHCP server in the internal network, not the controller itself. Basically a SSID with only internet access and block access internal networks (except dhcp). Thanks

• 4.  RE: SSID with restricted access
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2020 11:27 AM

create a role with acl's, below an example of allowing dhcp:

(host)(config) #ip access-list session guest-logon-access

user any udp 68 deny

any any svc-dhcp permit time-range working-hours

user alias “Public DNS” svc-dns src-nat time-range working-hours

extra explanation of several situations can be found here:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_62_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Example_Authentication_w.htm#:~:text=guest%2Dlogon%20is%20a%20user,restrictive%20than%20the%20logon%20role.

• 5.  RE: SSID with restricted access

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 16, 2020 11:28 AM

In that case you need to add an IP Helper to the VLAN Interface in order for the controller to reach the DHCP Server. Make sure the controller has the relevant routing to the DHCP Server.