Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

SSL Certificate on MM and MC

Hi,

we currently have 1 Mobility Master that is managing 2 Mobility Controllers. The controllers are active/active.

I need to buy the SSL cert. for the Captive Portal authentication.

How many cert. do we need? Just 1 for the MM that will push the cert. to the controllers?

1+1 cert. for both controllers? Or 3 cert. one for each controller + master?

OS version: 8.2

Thank you very much for any possible response

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: SSL Certificate on MM and MC

For captive portal authentication , you only need 1 cert that can be use on all your controllers

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you a lot Victor.

By the way, the captive portal will not be internally but on ClearPass, I hope this won't change anything

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Just to add, take a look at the CPPM Cert tech note as well. Contains lots of good info and explanations.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=33288

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Sounds like you already have the cert on the ClearPass server and just want to know what you need on the controller? Both will need to have a certificate, you can use the same cert if you use Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certs and specify cppm.yourdomain.com and controller.yourdomain.com, some other options covered in the link below.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Web-Login-NAS-Address-configuration-options-in-single-and-multi/ta-p/275426

Marcus Wehmeyer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: