Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same SSID with different SSID profile settings (One AP group Hide SSID, another AP Group Unhide)

Hi,

We recently deployed Aruba 7010 controler version 6.5.4.8 for customer.

They have requirement to set Same SSID with different SSID profile settings which is Level 1 floor and Level 2 floor have to hide the SSID, while level 3 floor require unhide SSID. I have group the AP to different AP group by level (level 1 , Level 2 , Level 3) .

I tried create different SSID profile applied to AP group but once i applied new SSID profile (with unhide SSID setting, existing SSID profile with hide SSID) , the other AP group SSID profile will became new SSID profile also.

Is it possible to configure Same SSID with different AP group different SSID profile settings? (Hide & unhide) How to do it?

Thanks for advise.

Thanks 

W

MVP Guru

Re: Same SSID with different SSID profile settings (One AP group Hide SSID, another AP Group Unhide)

Make sure that you have two Virtual AP profiles (named differently) and two SSID profiles (named different). First, make sure that the Virtual AP profiles have the same configuration, then change to the other SSID profile in which you can then set the Network Name (SSID) to the same value, but broadcast different. Somewhat confusing is that the profiles are named to the SSID; which is good in general as it is easy to recognized.

As an example (schematic):

virtual-ap MySSID
  aaa profile MySSID_aaa-prof
  ssid profile MySSID_ssid_prof
       SSID: MySSID
  (other profiles)
virtual-ap MySSID-hidden
  aaa profile MySSID_aaa-prof
  ssid profile MySSID-hidden_ssid_prof
       SSID: MySSID
  (other profiles)

The easiest way is to use the save as feature in the WebUI, do that both for the virtual-ap and the SSID profile. 

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: