Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up A200 with remote AP, do I need to use the second physical port for VLAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting up A200 with remote AP, do I need to use the second physical port for VLAN

Posted Apr 22, 2014 04:32 AM

Hi all, I am setting up from scratch an A200 (v5 software) and whilst we already use Remote APs in our office, the A200 is located at my home and I'm short on sockets! Before we have always used the second port for the remote VLAN. Do I have to do this or is there a way to use the single port for both? I need to read up/refresh on setting up remote APs again so my descriptions might be a little off!

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Setting up A200 with remote AP, do I need to use the second physical port for VLAN
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 05:11 AM

You can just setup NAT translation on your firewall to translate from your public internet address to the private address of your controller.  In addition, you need to allow UDP4500 inbounds on that public address to the private address of the controller.

• 3.  RE: Setting up A200 with remote AP, do I need to use the second physical port for VLAN

Posted May 19, 2014 04:11 AM

My work mate had been trying to use it last few weeks. He reported it randomly dropped both SSIDs and also seem to knock off the ADSL router at the site! Not sure what happened there but he is going to leave it on at home on his own ADSL and test it there.