Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setup Ring Doorbell

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setup Ring Doorbell

Posted Jun 18, 2019 12:43 PM

Hello Airhead friends,

I have an Aruba 7010 controller running OS version 6.5.4.8 and I am trying to configure a Ring Doorbell device. I have gone as far as connecting the Ring to our wifi, receive the ring from the device to my ipone, can see the client under aruba Dashboard, but when I try to connect to see the video from my iphone, I receive an error message. The message is "We're having trouble connecting to your ring doorbell." Also, the wifi SSID of the Ring and the SSID of my phone are the same.

I would really appreciate any assitance or ideas that you can provide.

Thank you,

Rudy

• 2.  RE: Setup Ring Doorbell

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 12:48 AM

Download the Fing app from the play store or apple store.

Scan the connected wifi network. Do you see your ring doorbell in the Fing app?

You say you saw the client in the dashboard, referring to the ring doorbell or your phone, or both? 

I have a ring doorbell running on MM/MD 8.4 environment using a cluster of 7005s. 

What licenses do you have on the controller? What APs are you using?

• 3.  RE: Setup Ring Doorbell

Posted Jun 19, 2019 04:57 AM

Thanks for you helpful message i was also facing that issue with ring doorbell 2. Now all set just due to your helful post thanks again.