Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

Posted Dec 21, 2017 10:51 AM

I just upgraded my lab cluster from 8.1 to 8.2, and the first difference I've noticed is that "show ap database" is empty on the MM, while in 8.1 it reflected the APs on all of the MDs.  The command on the MDs, as well as the web UI on the MM, show the correct AP status.  Is this an expected change that I just missed in the documentation somewhere?

• 2.  RE: Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

Posted Dec 21, 2017 03:37 PM
    Shouldn't happen , just checked and it shows under mynode

• 3.  RE: Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 03:53 PM

Could be the amon feed from the MD´s thats the problem. Usually I resolve this by reloading the MD´s

• 4.  RE: Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

Posted Dec 23, 2017 12:19 AM

So I went back to take another look at the controllers today, and now everything looks good!  I'll keep an eye on it, but I guess for now I'll just blame it on some internal database taking some extra time to initialize and sync up.

• 5.  RE: Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

Posted Dec 23, 2017 06:40 AM

Yes emust be some internal db issue. I encountered this very same issue on making the upgrade to 8.2 MM. Eventually got it solved without doing anything.

• 6.  RE: Show ap database empty on 8.2 MM?

Posted Jan 01, 2018 09:25 AM

The command on the MDs, as well as the web UI on the MM, show the correct AP status

click here