Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Smartphones, and APs with high gain omni antennas or patch antennas

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Smartphones, and APs with high gain omni antennas or patch antennas

Posted Sep 09, 2014 06:37 PM

I got some question regarding this and its because i got almost no experienice working with external antennas... i have been working all the way with APS with internal Antennas.

After that being said let me ask you guys my questions

As far i understand if you got an AP with high power output configured like 23 a smarphone which is 18 dbm would be be able to asnwer him back as everything works better when the power of the antenna match the power of the client in this case the smartphone

When having the AP with a high power output such a 23dbm the client(the smartphone) will think they have great signal when its not totally true as like i said it cannot asnwer it back

Now if i got for example a AP let say a 204

I put a external Antenna let say something like 90 Degrees antenna  to reach even further in that dierection how does this work? in terms of  the output power of the AP? Would it work properly with smartphones which has a small antenna of 17dbm? would it will be able to reply the packets correctly to the AP?

Anyone can talk me more about this? i would like to understand.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Smartphones, and APs with high gain omni antennas or patch antennas

Posted Sep 14, 2014 09:36 PM

Anyone can enlight me with this please?

Cheers

Carlos