Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Social login and personal information

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Social login and personal information

Posted Oct 16, 2018 09:17 AM
    Hi guys,

When I access the network through a captive portal with social login such as Aruba Central or ClearPass, what information do I get from the user? There is a post about this but it is somewhat old then I thought is better to open a new one.

Regards,
    Julián

• 2.  RE: Social login and personal information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 09:24 AM
    Depends on how you configure it.

• 3.  RE: Social login and personal information

Posted Oct 17, 2018 09:25 AM
    Something more specific? I guess the personal details that will be share with Aruba Central or ClearPass are configured on the social provider side? Will the user be presented with a warning in the captive portal advising he is going to share his personal information?

Regards,
    Julián

• 4.  RE: Social login and personal information

Posted Oct 24, 2018 09:59 AM

Hi,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Social login and personal information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 01:49 PM

It will vary, based on the social platform authenticated against. Each platform implements their privacy differently, so there is no consistent set of information that I've seen.

I have not seen a warning message on a captive portal indicating that data was being shared by logging in via a social media platform, but I would expect this could be added as a custom change if the customer required.