Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Some new features in AMP reporting I would like to see

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Some new features in AMP reporting I would like to see

Posted Aug 15, 2014 10:05 AM

With the introduction of AOS 6.2+, the controller now can threshold on the following information:

threshold
      controlpath-cpu <percentage>
      controlpath-memory <percentage>  
      datapath-cpu <percentage>
      no-of-APs <percentage>
      no-of-locals <percentage>
      total-tunnel-capacity <percentage>
      user-capacity <percentage>

The controller can then send (if enabled) the following SNMP Trap. wlsxThresholdExceeded to either Airwave or some other system at which point you can be alerted.

I would like to have Airwave be able to produce a report which shows the percentage of a controller’s total capacity to add AP’s that is currently in use. It would look similar to the current license report. The same logic can be applied to user-capacity, tunnel, etc.

The purpose of this is to account for growth and whether a newer controller would be required.

The other reporting addition I would like to see is:

For managed service providers, like me, have the device uptime report work off of an SLA which is configurable.

Details are as follows:

1. Have Airwave be able to do the following based on customizable uptime SLA levels:
      1. Have a field called “met/not met"
                                                   And/or
    1. Color the text green/yellow/red based on customizable thresholds

Therefore when you get your report with the percentage uptime, based on the SLA levels, that row would either be green, yellow or red.

if anyone is interested, show your interest by promoting this enhancement request.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LFhQ

Thanks,

Pasquale

• 2.  RE: Some new features in AMP reporting I would like to see

Posted Aug 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Nice idea, promoted it