Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8

Posted Nov 02, 2018 08:21 AM

Hi,

I have been configuring a stand alone controller on aruba version 8.

Under the Server Group when adding a radius server you used to be able to specify the source interface via the VLAN ID.  On version 8 I can no longer see this setting in the GUI.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2018 08:26 AM

Hi Scott!

You do it under "RADIUS Client" via the Advanced tab under Configuration -> Authentication. Make sure you apply it at an appropriate level only affecting the controllers you want.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8

Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:24 PM

Thank you!

Quick question if you were configured 2 controllers master-master active-standby on version 8 would you configure each at the top level or would you configure them at the level below which shows the name of each controller ( no mobility master licensing just stand alone controllers)

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8

Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:40 PM

No problem!

Hmm... wouldn't matter would it? Since there´s no MM to push configuration to both, each has to have their side of the configuration just like in 6.x? I always have an MM :)

Cheers,

• 5.  RE: Source VLAN Radius Server Version 8

Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:45 PM
    See this is what was confusing for me I didn't know that you could do all the config at the top level. I literally did all mine at the second level and then tried to configure airgroups but it would not allow me and said it needed to be at the top level. Now I don't know if I can just configure this airgroup setting at the top level and leave the other config at the second level?