Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Spike in AP105 Failures

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Spike in AP105 Failures

Posted Sep 20, 2013 11:17 AM

We are seeing a spike in AP105 failures on campus.  The APs are powered by both Cisco 2960Ss and Juicebox Midspan Power Injectors.  When an AP drops off-line it wont restart, even if power is cycled.  When brought back to the shop and power is applied the AP does not respond on the console port? 

Anyone else having problems with 105s?   It feels like a bad batch of parts.

...STeve

• 2.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 12:33 PM

What version of code is this?

Do you have Hybrid Spectrum Enabled?

• 3.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

Posted Sep 23, 2013 08:02 AM

I think  Hybrid Spectrum is part of RF protect.  If so, yes.  As a matter of fact, we have four controllers and only one had RF Protect enabled for a demo.  All of the problem APs are associated with that controller.

...STeve

• 4.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2013 08:14 AM

@sjmahler wrote:

I think  Hybrid Spectrum is part of RF protect.  If so, yes.  As a matter of fact, we have four controllers and only one had RF Protect enabled for a demo.  All of the problem APs are associated with that controller.

...STeve

Nevermind what I said.  Please open a support case so that they can troubleshoot.

• 5.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

Posted Sep 23, 2013 08:20 AM

Interesting reply.  Ticket was opened week before last.

• 6.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2013 08:24 AM
    It would not help for me to guess what is going on. TAC is your best avenue. If you feel you are getting nowhere you can request to have the case escalated.

• 7.  RE: Spike in AP105 Failures

Posted Sep 20, 2013 04:49 PM

On the master controller do the following : show log system all | include <device mac> it might give some information