Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Posted Aug 22, 2019 03:36 PM

Hello I have 2 controllers and i would like to put both in HA for redundancy, and also that i could do centrilized licensing 

In is important to note that in this scenario i got no mobility master and we are talking about 2 7010s

i got 3 questions

Can i configure those 2 7010s in HA?

Can i configure centrilized licensing so they can share license even if they both in stand alone ? just in like version 6?

When they are in HA in active and stand by are they syncronizing all the config? just like in version 6?

Thanks

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

• 3.  RE: Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Posted Aug 23, 2019 10:01 AM

Thank you for your reply wescott, im guessing that the configuration will replicate on the stand by controller right? just like in v6?

those links were really helpful, i saw that collin said that you are able to enable the centrilized license so you dont need to buy the licenses again for example if i got licenses for 20 aps  i dont need to buy 20 licenses again.

Thanks

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Posted Aug 23, 2019 10:13 AM

Yes, you would have to do the standalone controller with a VRRP standby. Almost identical to a master-master in v6. And yes, you only need one set of 20 licenses.

• 5.  RE: Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Posted Sep 19, 2019 01:00 PM

hello Westcott

I have the fallowing scenario:

1 controller  with 128 License( on master mode)

1 controller  with 128 license( on master mode)

Both controller on stand alone  Active / passive with VRRP

If i activate the centrlized license  it will sum 256  even if its 128 in each controller?  or i need to install  the 256 license in one controller?

I ask this becuase im migrating a master master active stand by  and the license are installed like that.  Right now its working fine in  v6 but i was wondering if in v8 its like that too 

Second question

If i got 

1 7210 on master mode

1 7210 on master mode

both  on active / stand by 

If i want to migrate from 6.x to 8.x  can i use the migration tool even if im on master mode on 6.x and ill be on stand alone mode on 8.x?

Carlos