Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Streaming apps not working in guest network

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Streaming apps not working in guest network

Posted Sep 17, 2018 01:02 PM

I have a 4 7220's in a master/local relationship for our guest access essid. They (Aruba controllers) were running as one of the two firewalls (in conjunction with a fortinet) to allow guest traffic through their L2 pathway to the internet. Recently, we've simplified things and made the fortigates the only firewall and added the 'allowall' to the guest role. It's taken a week or so, but I got some feedback that iOS streaming apps (YouTubeTV,Netflix, Plex, etc) are not working (to which we can duplicate on other iOS devices.) Android works just fine. To cover our bases we've even tried a different firewall (latest stable code and identical flavor as other working sites and functions) to no avail. Our group is scratching our heads as it doesn't look like a role based issue and is only stuck to this one essid from this one pair.

Drawback: I still have 6.3.1.xx code and can't upgrade till the boatanchors (AP65) are completely gone

• 2.  RE: Streaming apps not working in guest network

Posted Sep 17, 2018 11:34 PM

maybe run a packet-capture datapath mac <mac> all on an affected device MAC and an unaffected device MAC and compare in wireshark to see what's going on ?