Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Total Wireless Solution

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Total Wireless Solution

Posted Apr 05, 2012 01:38 AM

Hi Everyone:

I have some custome needs,and I'm wondering whether aruba's products can achieve this effect.

Here is the scenery.

I have a big company.And I have many guests.Meanwhile the guests want to suffer the Internet.

So I give them the Guest ssid,at the same time the questions are coming.

I choose the portal authentication method,cause I also want to push some advertisements which about my company.

After they watched the advertisements,then they are entitled to suffer the Internet.

And I also want the custome to finish the authentication by self-register .

Can aruba's products achieve this effect?

Besides Controller and AP,what products should be considerd?listed names will be appreciated.

Should I refer to the third-party product to achieve this effect? Such as portal server.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Total Wireless Solution

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2012 01:48 AM

The Clearpass Guest solution (formerly Amigopod) can certainly do this today:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/solutions/by-application/guest-access/

• 3.  RE: Total Wireless Solution

Posted Apr 05, 2012 02:24 AM
    Can the clear-pass support the third-party controller to achieve the fully customize captive portal. When I do the portal authentication,is the clear-pass act as the portal server which the portals are all transported from the clear-pass,what the controller should do is only write the clear-pass server's IP address?

• 4.  RE: Total Wireless Solution

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2012 02:29 AM
    Clearpass does support multiple vendors if that is what you are asking. Depending on the feature, there might be some manufacturer specific con figs that need to be done.