Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to Add Controller to New Cluster Profile (8.7.0.0)

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Unable to Add Controller to New Cluster Profile (8.7.0.0)

Posted Sep 25, 2020 03:28 PM

Under the Managed Network, I created a Cluster Profile called abc_cluster. I pre-staged two controllers configurations under the managed network profile. I entered the mgmt ip for each controller.

Under the newly created Cluster Profile, when I click Add Controller, the IP doesn't appear for either controller. Under the Managed Device Clusters tab, I configured the Cluster group-membership and excluded vlans settings. 

Question: To successfully add a controller into newly created abc_cluster profile, are the controller required to be online and reachable via L2?

• 2.  RE: Unable to Add Controller to New Cluster Profile (8.7.0.0)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2020 03:39 PM

Yes.

• 3.  RE: Unable to Add Controller to New Cluster Profile (8.7.0.0)
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 04:34 PM

Not only do you have to have the controllers online to select their IPs in the cluster profile, but if you assign the controllers into that cluster profile, you cannot modify the config of that cluster anymore. In order to modify, you must remove the controllers from the cluster, make the changes, then add them back. This does cause a "blip" to your Wi-Fi clients as I believe the APs radios temporarily drop while they reattach to their controller.

• 4.  RE: Unable to Add Controller to New Cluster Profile (8.7.0.0)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 08:47 PM

You cannot modify the controllers in a cluster profile if they have a COA VRRP assigned.  If they don't have a COA VRRP, you can modify it.  That bug was introduced in 8.4.0.0 and has been fixed in ArubaOS 8.5.0.7 and 8.6.0.3.