Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to Change AAA Authentication Mgmt Default-Role

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to Change AAA Authentication Mgmt Default-Role

Posted Dec 01, 2012 08:14 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to change the aaa authentication mgmt default-role from "read-only" to "root," but I am unable to do so.

I can understand that anything referencing the server group defined would be read-only, but I am also using a local login that has root access.  The problem is reproducible using the cli (telnet/ssh) or the web interface.

FYI, I'm running an Alcatel-Lucent-branded 4308 controller running AOS version 3.3.1.14.

Thanks,

John

• 2.  RE: Unable to Change AAA Authentication Mgmt Default-Role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2012 08:29 AM

What are you trying to accomplish?  Are you using the local database and an external server for management authenticaton?  How do you want it to work?

• 3.  RE: Unable to Change AAA Authentication Mgmt Default-Role

Posted Dec 03, 2012 10:03 AM
      |   view attached

Anyone who has root privileges with their ldap credentials cannot make changes, due to configuration below.

aaa authentication mgmt
       default-role "read-only"
       server-group "server_group_name"
       enable

We need to change the default role, but not even locally stored root credentials aren't allowed either.

• 4.  RE: Unable to Change AAA Authentication Mgmt Default-Role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 11:08 AM

You want to write a server derivation rule like this:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/115/462/1/configuration-management-administration.jpg

EXCEPT your ldap attribute is memberOf, the operator is "contains" whatever group your management users are in and your role would be root.  That would create an exception to what you have configured for users in that AD group.