Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Updating certificates with namecheap SSL - step by step requested (Aruba OS8 Mobility controller)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Updating certificates with namecheap SSL - step by step requested (Aruba OS8 Mobility controller)

Posted Feb 11, 2020 04:36 PM

Environment: ArubaOS 8.3 Mobility controller 7010

I recently purchased a 2 year SSL cert from namecheap to try to install onto this aruba mobility controller. My end-goal is to remove the ssl error that clients are getting on their devices when interacting with the built-in captive portal.

I have been having an awful time trying to figure out what to install where, what type of cert to select, and how to even get this working. I also have a couple of cert errors showing up in my dashboard.

Screenshots attached show the 3 certs that were sent to me, along with a p7b to PEM convert that I did with openSSL, as well as a screenshot showing the errors.

• 2.  RE: Updating certificates with namecheap SSL - step by step requested (Aruba OS8 Mobility controller)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 05:35 AM

Where is the private key? How did you generate the Certificate Signing request?

This probably is your best start to get a certificate generated and installed:

ArubaOS Default Certificate Revocation FAQ - Controllers

In my experience, it is hard to solve certificate issues on a forum as it is trivial to solve for someone familiar when you have access the the certificates, it is hard to predict what is exactly the issue without.

If you followed the guide above, and still get stuck, I would advise you to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support (TAC) to check (remotely) the live system and with the actual certificate files available.

• 3.  RE: Updating certificates with namecheap SSL - step by step requested (Aruba OS8 Mobility controller)

Posted Feb 12, 2020 10:23 AM

I generated the CSR through the aruba webGUI. I will check this link out.

• 4.  RE: Updating certificates with namecheap SSL - step by step requested (Aruba OS8 Mobility controller)

Posted Feb 12, 2020 03:43 PM

You need to import the certificate first, under Configuration - System - Certificates - Import Certificates. Certificate Type will depend on the format received by your SSL provider, you might have to manually import root CA certificates. 

Then you apply the certificate under Configuration - More - General. I never get this process on the first try, verifying the certificate chain usually helps.