Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade testing – downgrade trouble

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Upgrade testing – downgrade trouble

Posted Mar 21, 2012 12:11 PM

Hello. I have a new job working at a company that uses Aruba 3600 controllers, and the Aruba wireless solution is completely new to me. I have been diving into it and starting to get familiar but have a long way to go. I have a spare 3600 that I am testing upgrading from 3.3 to 6.1. Without doing the proper research first, I noticed that the controller already had  6.0.1.3 on the inactive partition, so I attempted to boot to it. During the boot process it did a conversion and created a backup of the config appended with the date. The upgrade seemed to go just fine, it is the downgrade that does not. If I boot to the other version 3.3.3.10 it also seems to go well until I try to go to any page of the GUI from the main page. I then get a pop up screen error:

Invalid unicode character.

at line 26, character 4

�ct = cd.namedTable("custom-

I also happen to have a console connection to the controller, and when I create the above error I get this on the console:

(Aruba3600)

User:

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

What I really need to do is to be able to move back and forth between the code we are currently running and the code we are going to upgrade to while using a config that is in use in production. I have found upgrade/downgrade instructions but they don’t seem to address these errors I get from the accessing the GUI.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,

Levin

• 2.  RE: Upgrade testing – downgrade trouble
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 01:09 PM

I just read the answer to my troubles on another post from olino "Make sure you clear your browser cache after the downgrade (and upgrade)."

That fixed my errors. I had tried restarting my browser but that was not enough!