Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

Posted May 13, 2019 04:04 PM

Hello All,

First time poster, long time lurker. I have created and uploaded a certificate as a .PEM file to one of my controllers and successfully added it to the guest wifi captive portal.

My issue, is that I need to use that same certificate on another controller for another guest wifi captive portal. How do I go about doing this? I've tried to upload the certificate but I get an error that there is no matching CSR. This is because the CSR was generated on a different controller. Is there anyway I can upload the original CSR from one controller to another so that the certificate will work?

I've read that I need to convert my .PEM file into a .PFX but I'm really not sure how to do that?

• 2.  RE: Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2019 06:30 PM
    You can do a backup flash of the existing controller. You should be able to find the cert in the web cert folder and attempt to upload it to another controller.

• 3.  RE: Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2019 06:30 PM
    You can do a backup flash of the existing controller. You should be able to find the cert in the web cert folder and attempt to upload it to another controller.

• 4.  RE: Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2019 07:12 AM
    You should always generate the key and CSR off box.

• 5.  RE: Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

Posted May 21, 2019 07:47 AM

This is what I ended up doing. I played around with generating the CSR on a server but still could not get this to work. Generating different CSRs on the controllers and just purchasing different certificates is what worked in the end.

Thank you everyone for your help.

• 6.  RE: Upload CSR or Certificate to multiple controllers

Posted May 21, 2019 11:59 AM
    Try using OpenSSL to generate the CSR

openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout Controller-key.key -out Controller-csr.csr

Once you purchase the certificate concatenate/chain the cert with the private key file and then try importing it into the controller

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile