Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA-IPC-VPN Error

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  VIA-IPC-VPN Error

Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:16 PM

I am working for a company using Arub VIA for their VPN. I am running Arch Linux on my laptop, and I need to get the VPN working. I am able to run the via-ui and download the profile, but then I get the following in my logs and nothing else happens:

Feb 11 16:05:37.268 [VIA INFO sendIpcEvent():core/IpcServer.cpp:55] IPC event sender: EVENT_VPN_CMD_DROP_PROXY -> via-ipc-vpn
    Feb 11 16:05:37.268 [VIA DEBUG IPC_IFACE_client_send_event():ipc_iface.c:718] Failed to connect to ipc server 'via-ipc-vpn' (Connection refused)
    Feb 11 16:05:37.269 [VIA ERROR sendIpcEvent():core/IpcServer.cpp:59] IPC event sender: Failed to send (VIA_ERROR_CONNREFUSED)
    Feb 11 16:05:37.269 [VIA INFO profileReady():core/IpcServer.cpp:287] IPC command: Profile ready
    Feb 11 16:05:37.269 [VIA INFO sendIpcEvent():core/IpcServer.cpp:55] IPC event sender: EVENT_VPN_CMD_CONN_PROFILE_READY -> via-ipc-vpn
    Feb 11 16:05:37.269 [VIA DEBUG IPC_IFACE_client_send_event():ipc_iface.c:718] Failed to connect to ipc server 'via-ipc-vpn' (Connection refused)

It looks to me like the profile that is downloaded perhaps is configured improperly, or that my machine is not handling the placement of the file properly. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this? What the next steps are?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: VIA-IPC-VPN Error

Posted Feb 25, 2014 05:56 AM

speak to your IT deparment? or who ever is managing the aruba controller, they can probably check on their side for errors. connection refused seems to indicate connectivty issues.