Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:31 PM

All of my VIA VPN split tunnel profiles work like a champ. Now I am trying to put together a full tunnel profile for some of our travelling peeps so that they can connect securly over unsecure hotel wifi. I have the full tunnel profile and associated rules in place and it does indeed work, I can get various internal VLANs and assetts, but there is no internet access and that is whan I need.

What am I missing?

• 2.  RE: VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:37 PM
    Are your inner IPs routable all the way through the network to the internet egress?

• 3.  RE: VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:56 PM

Well, I have inter vlan routing enabled as well as source NAT inside enabled. I can indeed get to all of my other internal VLANs but no access to the outside universe.

The few RAPs that I have in full tunnel mode work just fine, so maybe that lulled me into a false sense of accomplishment LOL

• 4.  RE: VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

Posted Apr 09, 2019 08:27 AM
    Can you reach outside world using the NAT IP ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 5.  RE: VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

Posted Apr 09, 2019 09:12 AM

My primary VLAN (110) gets out to the universe just fine (scr natting box checked), no worries there. I created a new VLAN (112) for the full tunnel VPN (also src natting box checked). I gave its role an allow all rule for spin up/testing. When connected to the full tunnel VPN, I can indeed access other internal VLANs, including my primary and all of its assets, but cannot get out to the internet.

So, the default routing works for VLAN 110 but not for VLAN 112.

• 6.  RE: VIA VPN Full Tunnel Woes...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 02:01 PM

VIA client addresses come from an address pool which may or may not overlap with VLAN space. Check the traffic leaving the controller to verify that your VIA full-tunnel users are being NATed to verify proper return path/etc.