Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA user sessions

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  VIA user sessions

Posted Apr 10, 2020 12:37 PM

Hello,

I've got a problem with some users on the VIA Client:

Sometimes they get disconnected from the internal network but the VIA Client is still connected to the Controller and the user session is still present in the user table of the Controller. However, the client can't access any ressources of the internal network.

To get access he has to disconnect the VIA Client and reconnect it.

We haven't any problem on authentication (802.1X done by CPPM -> all succeed in the tracker)

Why is that happening? Why do I have some random disconnection and also why is the session still up ont the Controller while the user can't access network?

How can I troobleshoot theses issues?

I'm running VIA V3 with 7205 Controller in v8.4

Thank you,

Best regards

• 2.  RE: VIA user sessions

Posted Apr 10, 2020 01:05 PM

How did you configured the via user-role ?

• 3.  RE: VIA user sessions

Posted Apr 20, 2020 03:37 AM

Hello,

We are using the default via user role.

The authentication is provided by a ClearPass: 802.1x user certificate

Best regards

• 4.  RE: VIA user sessions

Posted Apr 16, 2020 01:35 PM

Is this on ipsec or ssl fallback? we have the same issue on ssl fallback, if i press the connection to much its looses connection to the internal network.

You can prob see the issue in you network and sharing center, there you can see your via connection is disconnected.

Our error is that we had Cisco anyconnect before and unistalled it, but it still has some code on the computer and the via application crashes and windows is trying to restart it, but it fails to restart it, look in the windows event log there you can prob see the via is closed and windows is trying to restart it.

We are still trying to fix the issue and trying to remove all the anyconnect code from the computer.

• 5.  RE: VIA user sessions

Posted Apr 20, 2020 03:39 AM

Hello,

It is on IPSec, we don't have any other VPN Client installed on the computer. ANd the VIA Client do not crash, the connection is just lost but on the VIA client it shows as it is connected.

Best regards,

• 6.  RE: VIA user sessions

Posted May 04, 2020 12:36 PM

Hello,

I've idientified that the issue is happening when we reload/sleep the computer without disconnecting properly the client.

If the user restarts his computer and tries to reconnect within 8 minutes after switching it off, he cannot join the network. After 8 minutes the session disappears from the controller and he can reconnect.

How can I configure the controller to clear the session as soon as the client is not replying anymore? Or at least reduce these 8 minutes of memorizing the session?

Thank you