Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN propagation in remote office via RAP-3WN

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VLAN propagation in remote office via RAP-3WN

Posted Jun 26, 2013 01:15 PM

Hi,

I have Aruba 620 controller in HO. I have RAP-3WN for my remote office. I have 5 VLAN's configured in the controller with role based access. I want the same VLAN's to propagate to my remote office via the RAP-3WN.Please suggest me the configuration. And do I need to have switches which allows vlan creation in the remote office. The users in the remote office LAN are wired.

• 2.  RE: VLAN propagation in remote office via RAP-3WN

Posted Jun 26, 2013 02:09 PM

Do you want/need the wired users to be authenticated or no ?

• 3.  RE: VLAN propagation in remote office via RAP-3WN

Posted Jun 26, 2013 02:33 PM

if possible yes.

the reason why i want the vlan's to propagate is to retain the security rules for the remote users when they access the DC resources. Further based on the vlan,role i can set policer in the rap-3wn to control bandwidth usage. I would also want the users to be  monitor from the controller dashboard. 

• 4.  RE: VLAN propagation in remote office via RAP-3WN

Posted Jun 26, 2013 03:00 PM

Do the following :

1- Uncheck the trusted so this way the user has to authenticate (Make sure you use anything but ethernet interface 0 , this is use for the uplink)  , then you can assign the VLANs in there as well.

AP Group - Google Chrome_2013-06-26_14-57-19.png

2- And then assign the aaa profile you want to use to authenticate the user against 

AP Group - Google Chrome_2013-06-26_14-51-54.png