Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VRRP failover due to hardware issue not able to ping some server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VRRP failover due to hardware issue not able to ping some server

Posted Nov 01, 2017 06:40 PM

We had a problem with one of our local controllers rebooting I changed the priorty so the backup VRRP Local controller would be the active by changing the VRRP priorty. Since we moved the AP's over to the backup controller we have not had any rebooting issues, but now some users are not able to get to some of our servers though wireless. When I try to ping those IP's from the active controller it won't ping but if I ping from the standby controller I'm able to ping. The 2 controllers share the same VLAN>switch>and router. We are running 6.4.4.14 code we are planning on upgrading to .16 as soon as we have an outage window. I was thinking might be resolved by rebooting the controller, but do you have any ideas how to troubleshloot this. 

• 2.  RE: VRRP failover due to hardware issue not able to ping some server

Posted Nov 01, 2017 06:46 PM
    I would check the user role the users are getting and the validating the acl tied to that role. show datapath session is also a command I would use to see what is happening. it could also have to do with vlan trunking possibly of the controller ports to the switch...

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: VRRP failover due to hardware issue not able to ping some server

Posted Nov 01, 2017 08:04 PM

I was thinking that but I also notice I'm not able to ping those servers from the active controllers CLI where I can ping those servers from the standby controller. I don't think has anything to do with ACL's or rolls.  It's almost like a mac table isn't updated to point all traffic to the active controller I would think that would affect all traffic from the routers vlan interface.   If I can't figure it out ill try rebooting the controller I need to wait until I have an outage window to do that.