Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

Posted May 24, 2019 08:14 AM

When connected to VIA through non-domain WiFi... and then plugging in the domain network ethernet cable, it does not disconnect the VPN properly to switch to ethernet connection. It hangs pretty long (1-2 minutes) before it disconnects the VIA connections and allows traffic through the domain network ethernet.

Works fine 3.3.0. It would disconnect VIA and switch to ethernet in about 5-10 seconds.

Problem is in 3.3.2 and 3.4.0.

Tested on Windows 8.1 (fully windows updated).

• 2.  RE: Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

Posted Jun 11, 2019 02:51 AM

Hmmmm, should I make a support case for this instead of using this forum?

• 3.  RE: Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2019 07:27 AM

If it is important that you get it resolved, you should open a support case.

• 4.  RE: Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

Posted Jun 12, 2019 03:51 AM
    I will, because this is obviously an important issue. If switching from WiFi to Wired causes the computer to be unworkable for 2 minutes because of Aruba VIA not handling it well anymore since a few versions, that's no good :)

• 5.  RE: Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 07:22 AM

Please let us know the result of your TAC case.  Alot changes when switching from wifi to ethernet and I typically would disconnect from VPN before I do that to avoid state issues.  

• 6.  RE: Via 3.3.1 and up problem switching from WiFi to Ethernet

Posted Jun 13, 2019 02:56 AM
    will do.

Our users are not very aware of their VPN being connected or not. It auto connects for them when they're not on the internal network and used to smoothly auto disconnect when they switch to internal network.