Wireless Access

Contributor II

Re: Virtual AP profile error

The output is this;

(Trustnet3200) (config) #no wlan virtual-ap "vlan60_vap"
Virtual AP profile "vlan60_vap" undefined.

(Trustnet3200) (config) #wlan virtual-ap "vlan60_vap"
Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "default" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "default"

Guru Elite

I would try a different Virtual-ap name.  Not sure why you have that error.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor II

Tried with a different name, expvap. Also used the aaa and ssid profile of the working vap profile. Same result. Maybe i should factory reset it as it is working in a test enviroment right now. 

The output is below:

Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap "expvap"':Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "default" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "default"
Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap "expvap" aaa-profile "deneme_internal"':Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "default" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "default"
Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap "expvap" ssid-profile "arubatest"':Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "default" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "default"
Error processing command 'ap-group "uzak_lokasyon_APG" virtual-ap "expvap"':Virtual AP profile "expvap" does not exist.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

or you can do this:

config t
aaa profile default
authentication-dot1x "test"

Try again after that...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor II

It worked. Thank you for your help.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for