Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF Discontinued

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  VisualRF Discontinued

Posted Jun 19, 2019 08:43 AM

Hi,

I've just noticed that the latest version of VisualRF (v8) is discontinued. What's the replacement to this when we want to do desktop RF surveys?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: VisualRF Discontinued
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:20 PM

There is no planned replacement. You can still do predictive surveys within AirWave, but for a standalone desktop version, there is none (unless you want to run an AirWave VM on your laptop). We recommend Ekahau for standalone planning software if it's required. Other less expensive solutions are out there, but accuracy is hit or miss.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF Discontinued

Posted Jun 20, 2019 08:52 AM

That's a shame, but thanks Jerrod.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF Discontinued

Posted Nov 07, 2019 02:12 AM

So I'm trying to make sure I get this straight.  In AirWave's development plan Visual RF has been dropped from future support, and there is no plan to provide a product that replaces that functionality?  If that is the case, how do we as loyal customers push back on that decision?  Many of us don't like one thing or another about the Visual RF part of Aruba Airwave, but it does serve various purposes to us all.  Please let me know what the story is.

Thanks,

Pat R.

• 5.  RE: VisualRF Discontinued

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 05:25 AM

This thread is referring to The VisualRF Windows APP, NOT Visual RF in Airwave.

• 6.  RE: VisualRF Discontinued

Posted Nov 07, 2019 08:39 AM
    Thank You for your reply. I was very concerned. I appreciate your
    taking time to clear up my confusion.
    Pat R.