Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  VisualRF

Posted Feb 05, 2013 10:52 AM

Since going to 7.6.0 I am seeing a couple of issues in VisualRF.   One, when you go to add devices you have two options for looking at the deivces, by group or by folder.    When I switch to folder view it stays with group listing.   This used to work before moving to 7.6.0.   Also, I have quite a few AP's that are not placed but do not show up in the device list in VisualRF, as well as some devices that were placed that don't show up on the maps, but also don't show up as unplaced devices.

• 2.  RE: VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2013 03:40 PM

The first part about the group/folder toggle is a known defect that was filed as DE13672.

The second part about not seeing devices in the device list should be opened in a support case so that more information can be gathered.

One thing to try would be upgrading to the current 7.6.2 build.

Other things to check:

VRF Setup -> Memory Allocation

/var/log/visualrf/visualrf.log -> looking for any 'ERROR' or crash messages

• 3.  RE: VisualRF

Posted Feb 05, 2013 05:18 PM

Thanks Rob.    I have upgraded two of our servers to 7.6.2.   (we have 4 AMP servers)   That didn't solve the issue.   I have opened a case with support.   

• 4.  RE: VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2013 05:40 PM

Thanks for the update.

Additionally, it's worth noting how long ago the devices were added into AMP.  If the devices have been in AMP for monitoring for several days/weeks, then I'd expect them to show up in the provisioning list for VisualRF no matter what.  If the devices were newly added into AMP, then a VisualRF restart may do the trick.

Steps to restart VRF:

1.  Go to: VisualRF -> Setup

2.  Set Enable VRF Engine = no

3.  Wait 5 minutes

4.  Set Enable VRF Engine = yes

Depending on your device and client count, 5 minutes may not be enough for a restart

If this is the case, repeat running '# psg java' on the CLI, this will let you know if the java process is still up.  If it returns nothing, then VRF has stopped.

• 5.  RE: VisualRF

Posted Feb 06, 2013 03:55 PM
    Not to be too picky, but there should be a step 2.5 of Click Save, and confirm.