Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Vlan pooling configuration on the AMC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Vlan pooling configuration on the AMC

Posted Dec 12, 2017 05:48 AM

Hello Experts,

could somebody guide how to create vlan pooling on the controller ?

i have an existing vlan 100 and because of more addresses i would like to add another vlan 46 to the corp ssid .

do i have to create a pool first and then map that to the virtual ap profile ?

also in the below mentioned sample config

wlan virtual-ap xxxxxx

vlan 46,100

would it try to first utilize vlan 46 subnet followed by vlan 100 ?

also if for some reason, vlan 46 does not work, would it still hop on vlan 100 subnet ?

please help with a sample configuration if possible.

• 2.  RE: Vlan pooling configuration on the AMC

• 3.  RE: Vlan pooling configuration on the AMC

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:01 AM

hi Colin , thanks for the reference URL's but is there a order which gets followed .

we create the order which  46, 100.  does that mean that the subnet for vlan 46 gets utilized first and then it would go to vlan 100 ?

also if something wrong happens with vlan 46, would it still try vlan 100 ?

is there certain algorithm which gets followed here ?

• 4.  RE: Vlan pooling configuration on the AMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 11:19 AM

"

Distinguishing Between Even and Hash Assignment Types

The VLAN assignment type determines how the controller handles a VLAN assignment.

The Hash assignment type means that the VLAN assignment is based on the station MAC address. The Even assignment type is based on an even distribution of named VLAN assignments.

The Even named VLAN assignment type maintains a dynamic latest usage level of each VLAN ID in the named VLAN . Therefore, as users age out, the number of available addresses increases. This leads to a more even distribution of addresses."