Wireless Access

Highlighted

WMM

Hello i wanted to give some QoS on a network and i was looking doing it with WMM config,

the problem with this client is that, they seems they use a BW on traffic that is not important for example:   Users are trying to watch a video from a video server but its too slow, at the same time some other user is using the wifi to download a file from a server, so the airtime get busy with that traffice i guess

i was looking to try to fix it with this config

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-configure-WMM-Traffic-Shaping-Policy-for-WMM-clients/ta-p/267446

which seems really simple and  do what i want.  Give priority to video traffic and voice traffic.   

My question is

• does this need any requirement ?
  • do you have to enable this check to make that shapping works?? or what is this check for?? as its disable by default.wmm.PNG
  • any other advice is welcome

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: WMM

Is the video unicast or multicast stream?  The parameters in that screen shot may or may not apply.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

The client is not sure if its unicast or multicast

is not enough with the WMM traffic shapping policy?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

You have to indentify the traffic before shaping it.  If QOS is not tagged on the LAN, we have to identify the traffic and attempt to shape it with ACLS.

WMM is enabled by default in 802.11n and 802.11ac networks and that checkbox does not come into play here.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: