Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot

Posted Feb 05, 2014 09:04 PM

Hey all - quick question - after finishing the initial coniguration via the Startup Wizard Web GUI, after a reboot I'm still getting the default prompt to setup the controller. Any ideas?

I have a 620. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot

Posted Feb 05, 2014 09:51 PM

Which version are you on? Are you able to do a upgrade?

• 3.  RE: WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot

Posted Feb 05, 2014 10:03 PM

I've been told it is ArubaOS Version 6.1.3.0 (build 32142 / label #32142) - is there a way to verify this in the WebUI setup installer? My goal was to get through the initial setup, and then upgrade to 6.1.3.11 via the GUI, but I'm not succeeding in getting a persistant setup via the GUI, and I don't have my USB-Serial console adapter yet...

• 4.  RE: WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot

Posted Feb 05, 2014 10:20 PM

After doing the wizerd you need to click save configuration

You should be able to see that button!

If you dont click save configuration that means the configuration is not saved in the startup config so when you reboot then you will have default config

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: WebUI Startup Wizard settings not persisting after reboot
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2014 10:35 PM

Problem was the web browser. Apparently there is something in Firefox 26 that the 620 doesn't like. I'm guessing the firmware is too old to support the newer browser. I was noticing licenses not being there, and some steps were being skipped by the WebUI.

Trying Safari 7.0.1 was much better - the file commit took much longer than that on Firefox.

One problem down, on to the next one! :-)

Thanks all!