Wireless Access

What AP model to choose for air monitors?

Hi guys,

I have to implement a wireless network with WIPS functionality, and because I am new in WIPS I doubt about what model of AP I would have to use.
I am going with IAP-315 for APs in access mode, and I will install some APs in air monitor mode. I think I can go with IAP-305 or IAP-303 for air monitors, so they are cheaper. But why not IAP-207? I don't need an AP wave 2 for WIPS either, do I?
What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Julián
Guru Elite

Re: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

IAP-305 should be fine.  I have never personally used the AP-207 as an air monitor.

More detailed information about what you should look out for here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/TG_WIP.pdf

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Ok, thanks for the recommendation and the link.

Regards,

Julián

Hi Colin,

One more thing. What do you think about the new AP-303 as an air monitor? I have seen and the price is around the half of the AP-305.

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

@fjulianom wrote:

One more thing. What do you think about the new AP-303 as an air monitor? I have seen and the price is around the half of the AP-305.

What version of AOS is the customer running? The AP-303 requires AOS 8.3.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

Hi Charlie,

I know it, client is running ArubaOS 6.5.x, but for its renewal we are proposing the Instant solution, so there is no problem with that.

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: