Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What are the MIBs/OIDs & configs to monitor APs through Nagios for Up/Down , #users etc ?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  What are the MIBs/OIDs & configs to monitor APs through Nagios for Up/Down , #users etc ?

Posted Jul 07, 2015 01:13 PM

I am trying to setup AP monitoring through Nagios . I need status information like Up/Down , # of users per AP/Radio etc . Wanted to know the resources in terms of MIBs/OIDs and configurations that I will require for this.

• 2.  RE: What are the MIBs/OIDs & configs to monitor APs through Nagios for Up/Down , #users etc ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2015 01:19 PM

You need to go to two places.  http://support.arubanetworks.com and Login with a valid aruba service account.  Click on Downloads> ArubaOS>, and you will see the Aruba and Standard Mibs:

mibs.png

Next, you need to go to the Documentation Tab, to download the Mib Guide:  Documentation> ArubaOS> 

docs.png

• 3.  RE: What are the MIBs/OIDs & configs to monitor APs through Nagios for Up/Down , #users etc ?

Posted Jul 15, 2015 09:30 AM

The downloads are what I require but is there any documentation where the OIDs are specified explicitly ? or is there any MIB browser (from Aruba) available which helps identify the the requisite OIDs ? as the reference guide doesnt have the specific details  .

• 4.  RE: What are the MIBs/OIDs & configs to monitor APs through Nagios for Up/Down , #users etc ?

Posted Jul 15, 2015 03:21 PM

as cjoseph says: Next, you need to go to the Documentation Tab, to download the Mib Guide:  Documentation> ArubaOS>