Wireless Access

last person joined: 28 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What commands do I use to manually upgrade an AP-115 from a FTP server on my laptop?

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  What commands do I use to manually upgrade an AP-115 from a FTP server on my laptop?

Posted Jul 28, 2014 09:03 AM

I need to manually upgrade an AP-115 from a local laptop running a FTP server.  What commands do I use to do this?  Via the CLI on the AP I see the upgrade command that seems to require the sub-command image,  but I cannot get tis to work.

apboot> setenv ipaddr 10.0.0.2

apboot> setenv netmask 255.0.0.0

apboot> upgrade image ?
    Usage:
    upgrade - upgrade the APBoot or OS image

apboot> upgrade image ftp://10.0.0.1/ArubaOS_MMC_6.3.1.8_44205
    Usage:
    upgrade - upgrade the APBoot or OS image

Thanks

• 2.  RE: What commands do I use to manually upgrade an AP-115 from a FTP server on my laptop?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2014 03:16 PM

That file is the image for the controller and not the AP.

In that boot environment, do a printenv.  Within that is the name of the boot file.  You must extract this file from the controller and put onto your laptop.  This post explains how to do it  here, which I think is still valid for newer versions of code.

This post from Giles Scott explains what to do here, but please note the warning.  You might be best to raise a case with TAC first just to confirm the procedure is still valid.