Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

Posted Nov 08, 2013 12:51 PM

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

• 2.  RE: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2013 01:19 PM

@wifiabcd wrote:

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

Your best bet:

Put an access point inside:  Measure signal strength.  Go outside.  Measure signal strength.  Just because it is soundproof does not mean it doesn't let RF out.

• 3.  RE: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

Posted Nov 08, 2013 04:25 PM

Another tell-tale sign I typically leverage for a first-pass type of test?

Pull out cell phone, check signal outside room, then go inside room and shut door.  What do those lovely "bars" do ?

If they crash down to " X "  aka. no service ... Houston you are going to have a problem.   

If they remain the same, RF (albeit diff frequency) is getting in and out readily.  A good sign that you should characterize as Colin suggests to get an actual measurement.

JF