Wireless Access

Contributor I

What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

Guru Elite

Re: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

wifiabcd wrote:

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

Your best bet:

Put an access point inside:  Measure signal strength.  Go outside.  Measure signal strength.  Just because it is soundproof does not mean it doesn't let RF out.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba

Re: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

Another tell-tale sign I typically leverage for a first-pass type of test?

Pull out cell phone, check signal outside room, then go inside room and shut door.  What do those lovely "bars" do ?

If they crash down to " X "  aka. no service ... Houston you are going to have a problem.   

If they remain the same, RF (albeit diff frequency) is getting in and out readily.  A good sign that you should characterize as Colin suggests to get an actual measurement.

JF

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: