Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

What is the maximum number of ARP entries (IPv4) supported in our controllers?

Hi there,

I want to know the maximum ARP entries in the controllers.

Think of a situation where the controller has configured with a single VLAN and an IP interface. This single VLAN is for L3 authentication purpose only (i.e. Captive Portal) - Internal or External Web Auth server shouldn't make a difference in this question.

I can see an answer in this post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-the-maximum-number-of-ARP-entries-IPv4-and-ND-entries/ta-p/242684

But it has mentioned STATIC ARP entries only in ArubaOS 6.4.x. What about Dynamic ARP entries?

If I'm looking for the maximum number of ARP entries (IPv4), I really want to know about the TOTAL - both static and dynamic.

e.g. The post above gave this numnber for the M3/72xx/70xx platforms:

The maximum number of static ARP entries supported is about 2048 for M3/72xx/70xx platforms.

2048 is a very small number when compared to the "Maximum concurrent users/devices" supported on the 72xx platform data sheet.

Would someone please point me to the right direction to find out the answers?

Thank you. 

Guru Elite

Re: What is the maximum number of ARP entries (IPv4) supported in our controllers?

7005/7010/7024 4000
7030 8000
7205 16000
7210/20/40 30000

Keep in mind that in a campus deployment, the controllers are generally deployed at L2. That is why the user count is much higher.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: What is the maximum number of ARP entries (IPv4) supported in our controllers?

Fabulous!

Can I have the number for the older platforms please?

I mean the 3200, 3400, 3600 and the M3 (6000)?

Thank you.

Guru Elite

650 1024
3200 4096
3400 8192
3600/M3 16384

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: